WordPress most preferred CMS website application, most of the bloggers using this open source application. Because of many inbuilt features and free plugins available in this application, so no need to develop any features if you would like to include this application. But today’s hackers threatening all open source application, if your website is not secure then they will enter and destroy your search engine traffic. So blogger must secure their WordPress blogs administrator account with security plugins.
WordPress Google Authenticator
Google provides 2 step verification for secure your WordPress blog administrator account. This authentication provides extra auto generated password to protect your administrator account.
Setup Google Authentication in WordPress
- Download and install the Google Authenticator Plugin
- Go to profile page and move the Google Authenticator Settings
- Select Action options and enter the description what you would like to show in the Google Authenticator mobile app
- By default secret key will be generated if you need to change click on Create new Secret. This key you have to enter the Google authenticator mobile app
- You can also automatically configure this authentication use Show/Hide QR code. This QR code generated based on your secret key
- If you would like to create static password for Google authentication you can create the App password. Please note enabling app password will be decreasing your overall login security.
Setup Google Authenticator mobile App
- Download and install the Google authenticator app from Google Play store
- After install the app go to action bar menu and click on Set up account\
- Two option will be available you can manually enter the secret key or scan with QR scanner
- Click on the QR scanner and scan the WordPress Secret key QR code
- Google authenticator automatically configure your WordPress blog account
- Now you can see the Google authentication verification code, this code will be change automatically every 30 seconds
After successfully configured the account you have to logout the admin page, now you can see the extra security of Google Authenticator code textbox. Here you have to enter and login administrator page by using 6 digit verification codes which are generated in the Google Authenticator mobile app.
Latest posts by Jey Ganesh (see all)
- How to Joomla website to WordPress Migration? - February 9, 2019
- How to install Free SSL certificate for websites? - July 25, 2018
- How to solve HTTP error in WordPress while upload images? - July 1, 2018